The system is equipped with a viewing chamber containing a series of light sources suitably placed, which, thanks to an appropriate illumination allows to detect defects by comparing the sample image of a piece properly executed to that of the piece to be checked out of the veneer. The pieces correctly products achieve a null result, while the presence of defects in the operation of comparison proves defective areas.
In output, the vision system produces a series of electrical signals of the digital type, such as:
- a signal indicating that the vision system is in operation;
- an instant signal abnormality, which is raised whenever the system detects a defective part;
- a fault signal continuously, which is raised only after the detection of a number of consecutive defective parts or a certain percentage of defective pieces compared to normal ones.
Optionally, the system can also be equipped with a video interface for the operator that allows:
- the configuration of the parameters of the machine (for example: size thresholds of anomalies, continuous number of pieces needed to raise the fault signal continues, the type of piece to be inspected, etc.);
- the real-time display of the outcome of the inspection, and any statistical information.
also in: Italian